Transferring Credits

Many transfer classes and exam credits can fulfill General Education or other requirements. During your New Student or Transfer Orientation Session, you should speak with your academic advisor to find out what requirements might be fulfilled. If you fail to see an advisor, you might take classes you don't really need because they duplicate credit you already have.

If you were admitted directly from high school, then for the purposes of required programs in the College of Humanities you are considered a new, first-year student. However, the number of units that you have makes you a sophomore. When you register for next semester during Priority Registration, you will register with the sophomores.

If you plan to take courses at an Arizona or out-of-state institution and apply the courses toward completion of a UArizona degree, you should select appropriate courses by accessing the Transfer Credit Guide and then consulting your academic advisor. Note that you must get a “C” or better to transfer a class, and these will not count toward your GPA at UArizona.